What's new

Overpowered /back command

I know the back command is useful but I think it may be too useful because since you can use it indefinitely it makes dying an easy way to regain health and hunger without consequences so there could maybe be a cool down for a few minutes to an hour for it to make it more balanced

pokeepoof

-= Phantom =-
Well you lose all your xp on death sure you can die and regain health and hunger but that isn't how most people play. Thats kind of the "ok i'm starving to death on half a heart and up the top of this snow covered mountain, I've got no base no home no food this is the only option i can do"

In pure survival you could do the same by placing a bed taking a nap and tripping over a rock then respawn right next to the bed which is 2 feet from where you died.

its pretty much the exact same thing except you'd probably dig a a few dirt blocks out and place your bed in a hole to wait for night and bungee jump without the bungee then respawn and you have to wait for night again to do it again.

Food is pretty easy to get to regain health. potato farm use some campfires which can cook them and have no fuel use you've got unlimited baked potatos and can stack camp fires on top of each other to pop out a stack of baked potatos all at once

I have the play style of:
Everything I own (food,weapons,armor) stays in a chest and I carry around 5 stone tools of what I’m using and when I get low I climb my torch tower and jump off to regain health because I think I’ll break stuff if I use it
That’s why I feel like it’s OP because my style is really bad and I abuse it a lot

I actually agree with this. When you look at the Insane Difficulty Server topic I started you see that many people agree that Minecraft needs that sense of dread back that we all experienced when he first started playing the game - and the /back command removes that feeling even more.

Yel_Glove

G.O.A.T
Mod
-= Phantom =-
Although I agree in some aspects and I appreciate the concerns about this... there are many players who wouldn't want to deal with restarting all over when they die etc. hence why we've missed out on a market of players that refuse to play a server without Keep Inv... the whole insane difficulty thing is being looked into, which will hopefully provide the alternative game-play style that you and many others are looking for. But I feel that key aspects of Alien such as the /back shouldn't be changed lest we lose the player base we currently have!