Dismiss Notice
We use cookies to personalise content and to analyse our traffic. If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. See details
Dismiss Notice
Hey, Guest! Join us on Minecraft with the IP address "mc.hcsurvival.com"

Events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beabie, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Minecraft account: Beabie
    Ratings:
    +636
    We enjoy holding new events each month as we feel it gives more for our players to focus on and allows players to show their skills off to the community.

We do have a few ideas for future events but we would love to hear your ideas :D I have put together this post so we can hear a variety of different suggestions to make sure the events are the best they can be!

There are a few guidelines we like our events to follow:

1) Not time specific - what this means is the event runs for a longer period. Its not just an event at a set time. We feel these events are more fair because the server has players from a variety of different time zones and we understand some players have school/work etc.
    2) Make sure the event is hard/impossible for players to cheat.
    3) If you want to suggest an event similar to what has already been done add a new twist to it, for example a build competition with a different theme.
    4) Ideally an event would use the plugins we already have.

You can suggest tribe events, single player events, anything you like! Just explain as much as you can in your post so we can fully understand your suggestion.

Can't wait to hear new ideas :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Uhjo

Uhjo New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I feel like a tribe event would definitely benefit the server because many of the events that have happened haven't been really tribe-related. A suggestion that I have is possibly to have "tribe-runs" where each day or every other day. Tribe-runs can be different types of events like defeating difficult bosses that require teamwork, the keyword is teamwork because many people have the ability to solo bosses easily. Now, adding teamwork to fighting bosses can be tricky, but is not impossible. Having a boss that has a great deal of health, damage, and defense does not really add anything toward teamwork, however, we can add different types of bosses that deal damage divided by how many players are on the map. So, if there is only one player on the map in the boss room they would take a great deal of damage. On the other hand, if there are many players, possibly the whole tribe, then the boss would deal divided damage equally to each player on the map.

To clarify, one boss would deal 20 hearts of flat damage, that is its stat. Therefore, if one player would challenge this boss they would take 20 hearts of damage from the boss. However, if there are 4 players challenging the boss the damage would be reduced to 5 hearts dealt to each player on the map when the boss attacks. Although, this type of suggestion would add teamwork it also suggests that tribes with many members benefit a lot from this.

Furthermore, every day a new event would occur for "tribe-runs." Boss runs, parkour maps, etc. Tribes will gain points each time they finish tribe run and by the end of the month they would have accumulated many points. The top three tribes with the highest tribe points will receive rewards. Now the rewards can be determined by the staff members, either it be relieved to each player in the tribe or the tribe as a whole.

I know that this might not fit under "4) Ideally an event would use the plugins we already have. ", but in the future when we do have a plugin designer this idea can be put into good use.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Concoct

Concoct Active Member
    Blaze Hardcore Event Champion

Minecraft account: Concoct
    Ratings:
    +111
    I have a couple of small event suggestions. As you mentioned in the criteria, a different theme for the building event sounds entertaining. A sandcastle/desert theme, the player would need to incorporate sand/sandstone into their build. An igloo theme, the player would need to incorporate snow/ice into the build. My second suggestion is a single-player fishing event where the player with the largest catch from the already implemented fishing event plugin at the end of the month would win. The player could keep their largest fish and show it off with a screenshot or so at the end of the month.

• Like Like x 3
  4. themiraclezom

Mod Dragon Hardcore

Minecraft account: TheMiracleZom
    Ratings:
    +250
    ~~Single Player Event~~
    How about a roller-coaster build contest. In the rules could implement that must not just be blocks with rail (like my old roller coasters) if it goes up into the air, must build foundation. Must be automatic (aka 1 press of a button and it set's you off, player must not press w the whole time on) Could assign someone to ride the coaster's near the end of the month (or when player has finished theres) to see if it follows the rules etc, and to take picture's/and or video of the build.
    ~Zom's event idea

• Like Like x 1
  5. ItsxFury

ItsxFury New Member
    Dragon

Ratings:
    +3
    A build contest focusing on player tribes would be good i think. Something like best tribe city or something along those lines

6. Noxy

Noxy Active Member
    Web Hero Dragon

Minecraft account: Noxy
    Ratings:
    +287
    The contest that just ended was for tribe build :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ItsxFury

ItsxFury New Member
    Dragon

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, but that build was meant to involve your tribes name in some way. I think a free build would be more exciting, see who can make the most creative build without limits

8. Mama2017

Mama2017 New Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Since school is almost upon most people in september what about a school build?

9. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Ratings:
    +22
    This sounds interesting.
    I would suggest something like a
    City Event, where you can work alone or with others. It shouldn't matter if the others has to be tribe members, since some players I met in-game are refusing to be in a tribe ;-; . I think for more epic and interesting results, this event shouldn't be a month specific event. I think of a time period of several months. Maybe 3? :D
    So new and old members have the chance to take part