Dismiss Notice
We use cookies to personalise content and to analyse our traffic. If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. See details
Dismiss Notice
Hey, Guest! Join us on Minecraft with the IP address "mc.hcsurvival.com"

Community Railroad

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lianail, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Lianail

Lianail New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I would like to suggest that as a community project we build a railroad system across the entire server. I've talked with many of you about this and a lot of you love the idea. The idea is to make a grid of railways on the x & z coordinate that are multiples of 4000. Individuals could then run their own lines to these feeder lines if they choose.
    A lot of people have liked the idea for the benefits it could bring.
    • It would allow for rapid travel to distant parts of the server with resources that can't be TP'd (ie livestock, horses).
    • It would allow a fast method of exploring the "civilized" areas of the server.
    • It would make prime real estate for large high quality builds. (the admins could move excellent builds from original locations to a prime location on request).
    • The building of the railway would also be a good project to help foster a sense of community.
    • The farther reaches of land could be left off so there is still the sense of "Wilderness" once you are off the grid (ie leave the farthest 4000 line off of the grid as the server expands)
    With the new changes to the greifing rules we don't have a safe way to complete this project. We need either need this project to be exempted from greifing, or we need harry to claim the land for the servers. Any existing claims would have to be routed around, unless the existing owner chooses to allow the rail through their property.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CastielCraw

CastielCraw Member

Ratings:
    +22
    The idea sounds good, but erm...
    not sure about it. If someone claims the whole railroad area, a lot, a big lot of land goes lost. Even if you only claim the railroad and not the land, which gets circled by the railroads. Some people (look at EnderGotii) need a lot of land to squeeze all their ideas and stuff in it.
    To be honest it’s more like a survival multiplayer plot world than a Hardcore survival world.
    But that’s just my opinion and maybe there are ways to handle it.
    I‘m not a natural English speaker so if there are any issues with understanding my points just voice it.

3. Walkeruno

Walkeruno New Member
    Wither

Minecraft account: Walkeruno
    Ratings:
    +8
    The idea sounds great on paper, the problem is with actually making it a reallity, it would loads of railroad and a lot of time, which is a luxury not everyone has.

If you really want to go trough with it, I would love to make some place for a train station or something like that, but the plan sounds just too unreal to accomplish.

4. BlueCorvid

BlueCorvid New Member
    Blaze

Minecraft account: BlueCorvid
    Ratings:
    +5
    I like the idea of a railroad, but I don't particularly like the idea of making it an official server thing. For example, if Harry claims it all, who gets trusted to build?

Why don't we get a group of people together who are passionate about it and start with rails connecting our bases and some important points? It'll be more organic and less "grid-like" but maybe that's a good thing! We can pool resources for it, including claim blocks. I love mapping and I'd be really happy to be included in something like this.

Edit to say: I'd be willing to join (or create!) a tribe for the sake of such a project! If people are happy in their own tribes, we could try a party.

Further edit: I also meant to say that livestock and horses actually can be TP'ed using the mypet system, though not in large quantities.

Even further edit: a project like this could mean more player-run community areas! Places like player shops and whatnot would be more accessible.

#4 BlueCorvid, Oct 14, 2017 at 1:44 AM
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017