Dismiss Notice
We use cookies to personalise content and to analyse our traffic. If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. See details
Dismiss Notice
Hey, Guest! Join us on Minecraft with the IP address "mc.hcsurvival.com"

Big Changes to Our Rules

Discussion in 'What's New?' started by Beabie, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Minecraft account: Beabie
    Ratings:
    +636
    We have had some amazing feedback from some of our loyal players giving us some ideas about changes to our rules. Some of these changes we feel will benefit the staff team and improve player experience on the server. To all of those who have helped us with any of these changes the staff team would like to say a big thank you!

The following are the rules that have been changed and some of what we predict will be FAQ's about the new rule changes. As always if you have any questions please do not hesitate to post them below or ask on the main rules page which will be updated shortly.

English Only
    While this rule will remain on the forums, discord and global chat on the server we will now be allowing this in /msg and /tc (tribe chat). We have made this change to make discuss gameplay easier for players where English is not their first language. We hope this will be easier for tribes who have players from a different nationality to discuss their build plans, pvp tactics etc. Rules such as "no racism" and "no disrespect" still apply and staff will check conversations so please respect the other rules.

Griefing
    There are major changes to the griefing rule:

1. Griefing is now allowed on unclaimed areas. This applies everywhere in /wild. If you want something to be safe from other players griefing it you now need to make sure it is claimed.
    2. Griefing is now allowed in the end and nether. Remember nothing can be claimed in these areas anyway. Build farms here and store items at your own risk.

This rule will not come into effect for 7 days after this announcement has been made. This should allow you plenty of time to check that all of your builds have been correctly claimed. Anything you do not claim correctly may be griefed and items taken so please take this time to check all of your set homes with a stick to make sure areas are claimed.

PVP
    Staff have been drawn into one too many PVP related arguments which is taking up more and more time when it doesn't need to. The following main rules still apply:
    • No hacks or PVP mods that give you an unfair advantage - please check with staff about any mod you wish to use to ensure that it is allowed.
    • No pets.
    Other than this everything goes. You enter /warp PVP or a tribe fight at your own risk! If a player promises you that you can have your items back after death it is up to you whether or not you feel they are trustworthy. If you want to have a fight with no bows or 1v1 fight with no players getting involved etc. You again do so at your own risks. Staff are not there to deal with PVP arguments going forward so do not enter the arena with anything you aren't prepared to lose.

Swearing
    After much deliberation we have decided to relax on the swearing rules in some respects. Swearing will now be allowed (within reason) across the server.

What you need to know:
    • While swearing is allowed player disrespect is still not tolerated - if you swear at another player in a way that can be considered rude/disrespectful you will receive a punishment.
    • Excessive swearing is not allowed - we don't want to see every other word that comes from your mouth being a curse word. One or two a sentence is deemed ok, more than this really is a little too much. So please keep that in mind.
    • When you join a tribe make sure you check if swearing is allowed in their tribe chat first - most tribe founders might be ok with this, or may let you know certain words they will not tolerate. Be respectful of these rules or you might be removed from the tribe by the founder. Remember tribes have a number of their own set rules for their members, they are allowed to ask that you do not swear and you need to respect this in their chat.
    • Swearing is not tolerated in discord text channels or anywhere on the forums.
    • If a player is swearing a lot and you don't like it then certainly use /ignore (playername).
    • If you are a parent and do not want your child then you can disable the chat (This can be done in the multiplayer settings. You need to press escape to bring up the menu, then click Options. On the Options screen, click Multiplayer Settings. Then click the Chat: button to set it either show commands (which could be useful in some instances) or just be hidden. And you're done. New chat messages from other players won't be shown to you. Note that you won't be able to chat either). You can encourage your child to use the public discord or forums to discuss anything server related as these will be family friendly.
    • If you send a /msg to a player and use a curse word be prepared to stop using that type of language if they ask you to. Players might tune out of global chat but it is harder to disregard messages that are being sent to them directly. Be respectful of other players if you do need to contact them via /msg. Not everyone wants to see a lot of curse words, if they ask you to adjust your language to them in /msg then respect that. Doing it once and changing your behaviour is no issue, ignoring a player and continue to send them messages that you now know they clearly find offensive is disrespect and something you will be punished for if that player reports you.
    • Swearing is not allowed on signs and builds that spell out curse words is also against the rules. This means that players who do not wish to see the curse words can easily turn off their chat and keep their game how they would prefer it. We feel this is a fair compromise for them. Swearing on signs and builds will be punishable so please respect your fellow players and note this counts even within your own claims.

#1 Beabie, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    FAQ's
    What if I accidentally post my message on English message in global chat? - Staff members appreciate accidents happen. You might be told to be more careful in the future and reminded of the rule as a precaution. However if you fail to take notice or care when sending messages that aren't English you could receive a punishment so just be sure to double check where you are sending it.

Can I speak in another language on the Discord voice chats? - We understand that tribes like to make use of the voice channels to talk more easily. You are fine to speak in another language in the voice channel. However you need to respect other players. If you join a voice channel which already had other players in and they ask you to please speak in English so they can all understand respect this or move to another channel. Same goes if you join a channel filled with players speaking another language like Spanish. Respect the majority and who was there before yourself.

I don't have enough claim blocks to claim my build and don't think I will get enough in a week! - There are a number of ways for players to get claim blocks, we are hoping that players will find a way to get them using one of these methods. Claim blocks can be purchased on the store, @iamharry has kindly agreed that all claim block pouches will be on sale for the next 7 days to make buying a larger quantity easier for players. For players that would like to buy these with in game funds you can ask if any player would be happy to buy them on the store for you in exchange for in game money. You could also look to buy gems from other players as claim blocks are available on the /gem shop. So remember to vote every day to get your gems. You also earn claim blocks from just being online. So be as active as you can for the next week.

I'm struggling with claiming, I don't understand how it works? - While in game you may want to visit /warp claim. This is an area that @Noxy has kindly put together to help players claim their creations. Feel free to ask any staff members who are in game to come and help you claim, they are more than happy to help protect you builds ready for the rule change. If no staff members are only ask in chat, we have some fantastic players who really understand our plugins and will be more than happy to talk you through it. We also have a forum post you can find here talking you through some basics.

A Player joined my tribe and started to swear in tribe chat/speak in another language, they didn't stop even after I asked them, what can I do? - You can remove the player from your tribe without warning. You would be under no obligation to return their items if you can prove (by screenshot or logs) that you clearly made the player aware of the rules and they ignored you. In severe cases the player may also be punished for the disrespect they showed to the founder and the rest of the tribe so please make a report to let staff know if you feel this is the case.

Can I swear in voice chat on discord? - You can swear on voice chat on the servers discord providing all other players in the channel are happy for you to do so. If you hear a younger player join it would be polite to let them know you aren't using family friendly language so they can leave if they need to. We want to adapt the rules in a way our players have told us they would prefer them but that doesn't mean we have to be disrespectful to others. So think about another players attitudes. We have plenty of voice channels so I'm sure players can always find something suitable. Staff members can also create temporary channels in the instance the others were full and lock these to allow specific players so ask if all channels are full and you are struggling :)

A player keeps swearing in their messages in /msg what can I do? - Simply do /ignore (playername) then you will not have to see any more messages from that player. If they wanted your help with anything they will simply be missing out.

#2 Beabie, Sep 12, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Noxy

Noxy Active Member
    Web Hero Dragon

Minecraft account: Noxy
    Ratings:
    +287
    For those going on holiday/afk for a while and are now concerned about their claims being removed and thus being raided- Please remember you can post a comment here: https://www.hcsurvival.com/threads/old-claim-removal.859/

Make sure you put your ingame name and say when you'll be back or how long you'll be AFK, this way ALL staff know about your claims and they will not be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scraggles

Scraggles Member

Ratings:
    +9
    So if someone dies in any wild/nether/end areas that are not claimed and there is a pile of loot, these can be collected and it is up to the finder to determine what to do with the drop in the same way that when a mob dies and drops something, the drop can be kept ?

was going to make some long railways, glad that I did not put in the effort to make them as they would have been trashed, should I change my mind in future, is it possible to claim land 1 block wide ?

Recently fell down a very, very deep hole on a mountain top, it was obscured by grass, had I not been wearing diamond armour, would have died and I had 1/2 a heart left, is this sort of thing ok in future ? Not planning to do it, but good to know either way

5. Noxy

Noxy Active Member
    Web Hero Dragon

Ratings:
    +287
    Going into the End/Nether/PVP areas - if you die and you lose loot, that's a part of going there. So yes you could take someones dropped loot.

Claims must be a minimum of 5x5, the plugin won't let you claim smaller.

Trapping/killing in the overworld is NOT allowed. If it was made by a player (which we can check) then no that isn't allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cobrex

Cobrex Helper
    Helper Wither

Ratings:
    +8
    Great update on the rules, thank you - PvP, wild, nether and end and unclaimed land. Clear and concise. I am a little concerned about the change to swearing as this is a child/family server and feel that just 'switching off a player's chat or my global' isn't really the right answer, however, I am opne-minded, so let's see how it evolves. I know that many on the server are sensible and I really appreciate all the Staff's attitude towards the rules and players. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time on this server so far and look forward to many many more hours of fun. Thank you to all. Cob.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    I certainly appreciate the concern. I much prefer not to see swear words in chat. However we have said that players have to be careful with what they are posting and not be excessive.

Anything of a sexual or racial context will still count as an inappropriate topic and not be allowed. So it might be a lot better than what a lot of people think.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scraggles

Scraggles Member

Ratings:
    +9
    rarely swear and can be more fun to be descriptive to trolls, some of whom are not well educated and dont understand the insult, but tend to find the kids swear more than the adults as they think everyone will be shocked at the "naughty" words :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree actually! It usually is the younger players that use the "naughty" words. I think they believe they have more of the shock factor or seem more grown up.

More mature players generally curse occasionally out of frustration and then just don't bother. Guess we have learnt enough words to not need them ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astro_Dragon

Astro_Dragon Member
    Guardian

Minecraft account: Astro_Dragon
    Ratings:
    +33
    After the first few thrilling hours of freedom, I don't think much has changed on the server despite the rule change. You were right, @Beabie

It will definitely affect players who were until yesterday annoyed by the strict bot. Too early perhaps, but I'm calling it a win :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    I'm hoping most players will keep it pretty normal in chat. If it is constant and excessive and players start asking for it to be stopped again we would have to look into the majority as we did this time.

So I'm hoping the players that asked for the little freedom aren't going to go crazy and spoil it for others xD

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BlueCorvid

BlueCorvid New Member
    Blaze

Minecraft account: BlueCorvid
    Ratings:
    +5
    The changes to griefing rules are a little scary, as the rules you had in place were a big part of why I joined the server in the first place. I don't plan to leave anything important unclaimed, but I don't want someone intentionally messing up the surrounding area either. I hope it works out well, but I'll probably be inviting a lot fewer people to come have a look at my builds.

Although I guess it's good to know that if it does happen, and I let a curse slip, I'll be okay. Haha. XD

Thanks for the rules update. :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    I can certainly see where you are coming from. Feel free to share your builds on the forums if you aren't sure you can trust a player.

14. Scraggles

Scraggles Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Have to admit I joined the server due to the no griefing rules, in the past have made long paths / railways with bridges, whilst there are railways on the server, will not be making many of them as they might vanish.

Tend to make small bases and then go exploring, but am limited to a fixed number of home locations instead of unlimited.

Tend to swear when annoyed at someone, that's about it.

Unlikely to be raiding much if at all, purely because the redundant builds around me are in excess of 99 days without a login or are protected from raiding. I do have several small huts built from cobble that are unclaimed, some of these are on a long path linking two homes. This was going to be a railway, but will stay a path. Many of these homes have chests, same for mining as will fill chests with stuff I have too much of and smelt iron in situ, no signs on them, but they are free to take :)

15. Noxy

Noxy Active Member
    Web Hero Dragon

Ratings:
    +287
    For clarity please do /warp rules ingame if anyone is confused about the griefing rule.

The rule is in effect on the 22nd, at 00:01am.

Countdown timer

#15 Noxy, Sep 20, 2017 at 4:40 PM
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. CMPro

CMPro New Member
    Blaze

Ratings:
    +4
    I very much don't like the no pets in pvp rule, but it makes sense too. If we're asking majority here though, I want pets in pvp.

17. S4cr3dGaming

S4cr3dGaming Member
    Dragon Hardcore

Ratings:
    +61
    Pets in pvp are not killable that makes them way too op

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CMPro

CMPro New Member
    Blaze

Ratings:
    +4
    OH. Well okay then. Sorry for asking.

19. Scraggles

Scraggles Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Imagine having a flock of 50 wolves that all attack the person who attacks their owner :)

BTW, any reply to a watched thread I get:

HCSurvival Minecraft Survival Server - Error

The requested page could not be found.

I then have to check the flag at the top right of the page

20. Gracem01

Gracem01 Helper
    Helper Guardian Event Architect

Minecraft account: Gracem01
    Ratings:
    +94
    Well, these new rules sound like fun XD