Dismiss Notice
We use cookies to personalise content and to analyse our traffic. If you continue to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies. See details
Dismiss Notice
Hey, Guest! Join us on Minecraft with the IP address "mc.hcsurvival.com"

August Events

Discussion in 'What's New?' started by Beabie, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Minecraft account: Beabie
    Ratings:
    +636
    The start of a new month marks the start of new events :D Again we have tried to come up with something for everyone!

Theme-Park Build
    Thank you to @themiraclezom for your roller coaster suggestion! It was the idea behind our new Theme-Park event! This is a team/tribe build event (max 5 members). So whether you would prefer to build with a group of friends or your tribe be sure to enter for some interesting NEW prizes! If you do want to build alone then this is ok, but you might struggle to keep up with a team.

Prizes:
    $20 Store credit (rewarded to the group leader)
    A warp to your build will be set up so you can easily attract players!
    A custom NPC to welcome players at your warp and to give credit to the builders
    An image of your build will be displayed on our instagram account!
    1 Claim fly per member
    1 Gem Pouch per member
    1 Claim Pouch per member

How to Enter:
    Please fill complete the following template and post below:

Leader IGN:
    IGN of every team member who helped and what they did to help:
    Name of Theme-Park (this will be the warp name):
    Photo/video of theme park:

Rules:
    -Build has to be made within the competition time. Old builds will not count. Any builds submitted that do not follow this rule will be disqualified.
    -All members of the team must have built something. Please don't just add names for the sake of it. We will check all builds. Wrongly listing a team member could be your entire theme-park is disqualified.

Contest Timer:

CLICK HERE to see how much time you have left to enter

Staff Tips:
    -Use redstone to your advantage - to catch players attention
    -Make use of claim permissions so players can use the theme-park (/accesstrust public) - make your park more interactive!
    - Use /hdb for extra details
    - Remember use armour stand editor - you can really add some life to your park!
    - Consider having small stands to sell items
    -Perhaps make some mini games players can take part in
    - Make use of claimfly to speed up your build! You can buy this here or earn Gems by voting here

Judging:
    Staff feel judging a theme park solely on pictures/videos isn't ideal. A new post will be created to list warps for EVERY entry and instructions on how to vote. That will give players and staff a chance to really see the build up close and even try somethings out ;) After judging ends only the winning warp will be kept.

Skin and Cape Contest
    What would the theme-park be without a very cool looking NPC to great you at the warp? We want you to design a skin to be displayed on the NPC that will feature at the winning Theme-Park! You do not need to enter the build event to design an NPC. If you have entered the build event and want your say on the NPC then be sure to create your own or keep a look out for voting!

Prizes:
    Your Skin displayed on the NPC for our new Theme-Park Warp
    Exclusive forum tag
    Optifine Cape will be purchase for you featuring your design!
    Your skin will be displayed on our instagram account!
    Head added to /hdb

How To Enter:

IGN:
    Screenshot of skin on the server:

Image of cape design:
    Any other images of the skin:

Rules:
    -Skin must be made entirely by you. If we find the skin was made by someone else and you are taking credit for their work you will be disqualified and could face an in game punishment.
    -Entry must include a screenshot of you wearing the skin on the server.

Contest Timer:

Staff Tips:
    - Use websites such as Skindex to create your skin
    - Use websites such as needcoolshoes to create your cape design

Judging:
    A new post will be created that will allow you to vote for your favourite skin :)

Favourite Block Build
    This is our build events for players who prefer to build alone. For this event you can build ANYTHING you want BUT it has to feature your favourite Minecraft item. Whether that is a certain block, flower, mob etc. we want to see you come up with a build to feature it! As always the entire build has to be made within the event time frame. Anything made prior will not be counted and will lead to disqualification.

Prizes:
    $15 Store Credit
    Exclusive In game tag
    Exclusive forum tag
    An Image of your build will be displayed on our instagram account!
    1 Claim fly
    1 Gem Pouch
    1 Claim Pouch

How To Enter:

IGN:
    Your favourite Minecraft item:
    Photo/video to show off the build:

Once this is filled out you then need to send me a message on the forums or discord to let me know the coordinates of the build. You can include them in your post if you do not mind other players having your coordinates.

Rules:
    -Build has to be made within the competition time. Old builds will not count. Any builds submitted that do not follow this rule will be disqualified.
    -Build cannot be entered into another event as well.

Contest Timer:

Staff Tips:
    - Use /hdb for extra details
    - Remember we have our armour stand editor - add life to your build!

- Make sure your favourite item is the focus of your build

Judging:
    A new post will be created that will allow you to vote for your favourite build :) Be sure to keep your eye on the forums so you do not miss this!

Event Lottery
    We have decided to run our first lottery event this month :) We know a lot of our players love our auto events, so why not give you MORE REWARDS for simply playing the events you love?

Prizes:
    $10 Store Credit
    Exclusive In game tag
    Exclusive forum tag
    1 Gem Pouch

How To Enter:
    To get entered into the lottery draw all you need to do is win one of our auto events (KoTH, Fishing contest, Supply Drops and Boss Kills) then comment on THE DRAW POST using the template below. You can enter as many times as you like! Just make sure each entry is on it's own post using the template so it counts!

IGN:
    Event Won:
    Proof of Event Won:

The entry post will give you more information about the proof that is needed :) But this is basically a screenshot of the winning confirmation that you get in chat when an event has been won.

Contest Timer:
    Please CLICK HERE to see how much time you have left to enter:

Staff Tips:
    - Remember while the number will be picked at random the more entries you have the higher the chance of one of your numbers being picked!
    - Make sure you look at the example screenshots before making your post. If they do not show enough proof that entry will not count. Chat logs are NOT acceptable proof.

Judging:
    When the event has finished a winner will be picked using a random number generator.

Good Luck to everyone taking part! Any questions then please post below :D Be sure to make your suggestions for next month <3

#1 Beabie, Aug 1, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Hype Hype x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ViciousMailman

ViciousMailman New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    IGN: ViciousMailman
    Favorite block: stone

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    Remember to let me know the coordinates for the build. Staff members need to check that all entries were made within the competition time or they won't count :) you can send these via dm on the forums or discord. Make sure to do this before the contest ends :D

4. ViciousMailman

ViciousMailman New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Coordinates are -5490 71 2559

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. MagnaLupus

MagnaLupus Active Member
    Blaze

Minecraft account: MagnaLupus
    Ratings:
    +128
    My favoritee block is Lapis Lazuli, mainly because it is unused by most players. So I decided to make Lapis Lazuli from Steven Universe!
    IGN: MagnaLupus

Coords: 2528 62 1757
    Block: Lapis Lazuli
    2017-08-04_18.48.31.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Beabie

Beabie Well-Known Member
    Retired Dragon

Ratings:
    +636
    ***UPDATE*** We have had some players advise they are struggling to build capes for the skin and capes event. You can submit only the skin if you wish :) Just remember you wont get to win a cape as part of the prize.

7. LordOfVoodoo

LordOfVoodoo New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    IGN: LordOfVoodoo
    Your favourite Minecraft item: Cobblestone/ Mossy Cobblestone
    XYZ Coords-985.609 / 84.50000 / 1930.330
    Photo/video to show off the build:
    upload_2017-8-14_11-30-23.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Endervikin

Endervikin New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    2017-08-14_21.13.42.png Well, this is my skin, I have 4 eyes and green and blue scales, and using skin layering, I can turn on the 2nd layer and wear a speed suit, as seen below.

PLEASE VOTE LOL 2017-08-14_21.13.51.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. vNoted

vNoted New Member
    Event Artist

Ratings:
    +3
    2017-08-18_00.40.12.png 2017-08-18_00.40.30.png Just a friendly polite koala thing trying to win a beauty contest.
    Skin made by vNoted a very long time ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Gracem01

Gracem01 Helper
    Helper Guardian Event Architect

Minecraft account: Gracem01
    Ratings:
    +94
    IGN: Gracem01
    Favorite Block: Sandstone
    Coords: -5050, 70, 1110

2017-08-20_01.21.25.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Endervikin

Endervikin New Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Wow, where is this?

12. Gracem01

Gracem01 Helper
    Helper Guardian Event Architect

Minecraft account: Gracem01
    Ratings:
    +94
    Where is what?

13. CLEV3R

CLEV3R New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    CLEV3R
    a skin based on kratos made today

Attached Files:

14. Noxy

Noxy Active Member
    Web Hero Dragon

Minecraft account: Noxy
    Ratings:
    +287
    Theme Park Entry, park name: Fantasia Island

We've worked so insanely hard on this every single day for the past month so I really hope that shows. Myself and ReallyHunter began this project together and midway through we recruited @ThatOneParadise.

Here's pictures and two videos but they don't even show a fraction of what there is to do in the park. We have added as much interaction as possible with tons of minigames, rides and little hidden features. We've also featured 3 major noteblock songs!

We will have a full credits wall for all those who donated items, helped fix things we couldn't fix and tested things 10x over. This wall is being built right now and does not count as a feature of the park, it's just a thing I want to do for the community.

I want to say how incredibly proud I am of our team. I planned this all in my head and sort of expected my team to follow it. We worked together so well and everything really just.. slid into place.

Paradise was mainly our decorator. She built a lot of the fountains you'll see, decorated the insides of all the shops, witches hut and made custom trees.

Reallyhunter was in charge of his own rides (Carousel, big wheel, pirate ship, mountain coaster) and his huge dragon, he also built all the shops and did a ton of the park's redstone. Also did most of the Noteblock song work.

I did the rest, all the minigames were my ideas, put together with the help of Hunter and Oracality's redstone expertise. I also built a huge roller coaster which you cannot see above ground, the water slide, Candyland, haunted manor ride, and the insanely complicated Murder Mystery riddle hunt inside the manor. I hope some people will take part in the Murder Mystery- it's very challenging but you'll enjoy it :)

Fun Facts:
    • I spent 1million ingame $ on Concrete alone
    • Longest roller coaster is 1 minute 25 seconds
    • Haunted house has 2 rides inside it
    • Claim size is 81000!!

NOTES: Center is currently not finished, we felt it would be better submitting it without a center piece because we couldn't do it good enough before the timer ended. Center does have some nice music so press the lever ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

VIDEOS:

BONUS PICS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#14 Noxy, Aug 30, 2017 at 6:54 PM
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    • Fire Fire x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. redpanda

redpanda New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Heya I just opened a "mew" shop ;P its really bad right now so just wait for it to be the BEST